7 nights at Snowfall Lodge for The Ultimate Evereything Course (UEC)
Combing the AST 2, Glacier Travel, and The Art of Up-tracking Courses!
"It was an amazing week!! My friends and I are so stoked and motivated after this whole week of learning" (Francisco, 2021)
During this course, we will spend most of our time ski touring and learning along the way. We try to have the students leading as much as possible while we supervise our exposure to hazards and search for learning opportunities.
Location - Snowfall Lodge
Snowfall Lodge is a remote heli-accessed lodge nestled in the Battle Range, South West of Rogers Pass in the Selkirk Mountains. It has a deep snowpack with granitic peaks and glaciers to explore. You will get a LOT more out of this course location compared with Rogers Pass, because once we arrive, there will be 7 days with no driving, no valley bottom slogs, no tracks to follow, and amazing food prepared by a professional.
"This course is definitely a game changer for me!" (Inka Lee)
Itinerary - UEC
Day 1: Meet in Beaton and fly into Snowfall Lodge, Avalanche Rescue Practice and AST 2 classroom session.
Days 2-7: Complete AST 2, Glacier Travel and Art of Uptracking Courses while skiing!
Day 8: Fly from Snowfall Lodge to Beaton and say goodbye
Guides/Instructors - UEC
Prerequisites - UEC
- Strong ski/snowboard skills to manage navigating crevasses and steep trees.
- Good fitness to access glaciated terrain.
- At least 20 days experience ski touring.
- AST 1 or equivalent training and experience.
Skills you will learn - UEC
- How and when to use rope(s)
- Anticipating crevasses
- "Reading" glaciers
- Recognizing crevasses in poor light
- Travelling on a glacier in a white-out
- Snow anchors
- Arresting a crevasse fall
- Crevasse rescue techniques
- LOTS about decision making and how to avoid avalanches.
- How to make an efficient track in all conditions. Please see more details here
The Ultimate Everything Course Dates
December 10th to 17th 2022
7 nights at 6:1 ratio
$2675 + 5% GST
E-Transfer to email@example.com is the preferred method of payment, otherwise please contact us for credit card payments. Please make sure you have read through the booking conditions and completed the waiver before making a payment.
- Accommodation and food/cook at Snowfall Lodge
- Return Helicopter flight to Snowfall Lodge from Beaton
- 7 days of guiding/instruction at 6:1 ratio with ACMG Ski/Mountain Guides
- AST 2 Course
- Glacier Travel Course
- The Art of Uptracking Course with digital handbook
- Travel to and from the staging area in Beaton
- Personal glacier travel equipment
- Accommodation in Revelstoke
- Lunch on day 1
- Extra expenses incurred due to dietary requirements
Equipment list - UEC
- Transceiver (3-antenna)
- Ski touring skis or splitboard
- Personal repair kit specific to your equipment
- Ski touring boots/snowboarding boots
- Ski poles
- Personal first aid supplies
- Minimum 1L water bottle or Thermos
- Gore-tex (or equivalent) jacket
- Gore-tex (or equivalent) pants
- Puffy jacket
- Warm layers for upper and lower body adequate for below freezing temperatures and wind
- Thick gloves
- Spare gloves
- Lightweight harness (if possible otherwise climbing harness will work)
- 3 locking carabiners
- 4 non-locking carabiners
- 240cm sewn sling (or 5m of webbing)
- 5m x 6mm accessory cord
- Personal prussik
- Micro-traxion or Nano-traxion (optional)
- Tibloc (optional)
- Ice screw (between 12-22cm)
- 40L backpack
- Indoor clothes
- Lunch for day 1
- Avaluator 2