IS THE INTRO TO TRAD AND CRACK COURSE FOR YOU?
If you can lead sport routes and want to learn how to climb cracks using natural protection, then the Intro to Trad and Crack Course is for you.
Aberdeen Columns east of Vernon, BC (185km drive from Revelstoke). It is made up of amazing basalt columns, which are perfect for learning natural gear placements along with how to climb cracks. It is the best venue in the interior of BC for this course, with camping a short walk from the crag.
Please note: there is no cell service here.
- Learn how to place nuts and cams
- Trad anchors
- Learn how to jam and climb cracks
- Mock leading
- Real leading (optional if desired)
- Lots of practice and coaching
INTRO TO TRAD AND CRACK
Dates by request
Please make sure you have read through the booking conditions and completed the waiver before making a payment.
E-transfers are my preferred method of payment, otherwise please contact me for alternate methods of payment.
Please bring the following equipment:
- Rock shoes
- One 60m single climbing rope between 2 people
- Belay device
- 3-4 x locking carabiners
- 3 x non-locking carabiners
- 12 x quickdraws between 2 people (at least 4 should be extendable "alpine draws")
- A couple of slings at least 120cm and one longer one (or accessory cord/webbing)
- 1 x personal prussik (eg. 1.8m x 6mm accessory cord)
- Optional: Cams and nuts if you can borrow some
- Optional: Nut tool
- Camping gear and food