IS THE ROCK RESCUE COURSE FOR YOU?
If you already climb multi-pitch rock routes (or want to start), but are not sure about what to do when things don't go as planned, then this course is for you.
Revelstoke is a great location to learn about rock rescue due to the short approaches and steep rock.
Learn basic rock rescue skills:
- Escaping the belay
- 3:1 hauling system
- Rope ascending
- Tandem rappel
There will also be time for you to ask questions and for us to learn how to solve various common problems.
DATES AND PRICE
Dates by request
Please bring the following personal equipment:
- Rock shoes
- One 60-70m single climbing rope
- Belay device
- 6 x locking carabiners
- 2 x 120cm slings
- 3 x non-locking carabiners
- 6-10 x quickdraws
- 2 x 5m long x 6-7mm accessory cord
- 1 x personal prussik (eg. 1.8m x 6mm accessory cord)
- Optional: old shorter ropes so you don't ruin your nice ones