A week of ski touring at the Alexandra Cabin
Location - Alexandra Cabin
The Alexandra Cabin is located at 1290m elevation in Lyell Creek, the snowy side of the Rocky Mountains. It has some of the biggest terrain you will find anywhere, with summits towering 2300 vertical meters above.
Prerequisites - Alexandra
- Ski/snowboard skills to manage navigating crevasses and steep trees
- Good fitness to skin up at least 1000m/day (some of the runs require over 2000m of climbing from the cabin)
- Enjoy ski touring
Guides - Alexandra Cabin
Alex Geary and Madeleine Martin-Preney
Itinerary - Alexandra
Day 1: Meet at 10:00am at the Storks Nest Inn in Smithers, BC (a short flight from Vancouver, no car required). From there we will travel to the airport to fly in a helicopter to the Burnie Glacier Chalet. Some guests will be transported to the staging area closer to the chalet. After lunch we will complete some avalanche rescue training and go for a short ski tour.
Days 2-7: Ski tours in the Howson Range.
Day 8: After a short ski tour, we will fly back to Smithers for connecting flights or starting the drive home.
Alexandra Cabin Dates
Group bookings on request
7 nights at 5:1 ratio
Usually needs to be booked 1-2 years in advance
Please make sure you have read through the booking conditions before making a payment. This includes completing the Waiver and Registration Form.
E-Transfer to email@example.com is the preferred method of payment, otherwise please use the button below for credit card payments.
- Accomodation and food/cook at the Alexandra Cabin
- Return Helicopter flight to the Alexandra Cabin from Donald, BC
- 5:1 guiding ratio with ACMG Ski/Mountain Guides
- Travel to and from Revelstoke/Golden, BC
- Accommodation in Revelstoke/Golden, BC
- Extra expenses that may be incurred due to dietary requirements
Equipment - Alexandra
- Transceiver (3-antenna)
- Ski Touring Skis or Splitboard
- Personal repair kit specific to your equipment
- Ski touring boots/snowboarding boots
- Ski poles
- Personal first aid supplies
- Minimum 1L water bottle or Thermos
- Gore-tex (or equivalent) jacket
- Gore-tex (or equivalent) pants
- Puffy jacket
- Warm layers for upper and lower body adequate for below freezing temperatures and wind
- Thick gloves
- Spare gloves
- Lightweight harness
- 2 locking carabiners
- 30-40L backpack
- Ski crampons
- Skin wax