A week of ski touring at Selkirk Lodge
Location - Selkirk Lodge
Selkirk Lodge is located at 2200m elevation in the Albert Icefield area in the Selkirk Mountains near Revelstoke, BC. It has expansive high alpine glaciated skiing, and trees right below the lodge.
Prerequisites - Selkirk Lodge
- Good ski/snowboard skills to manage full days of ski touring.
Guides - Selkirk Lodge
Alex Geary and Madeleine Martin-Preney
Itinerary - Selkirk Lodge
Day 1: Meet at 8:00am at the Jumping Ck staging area (45km East of Revelstoke), fly to Selkirk Lodge, complete some avalanche rescue training and go for a short ski tour.
Days 2-7: Ski tours based from Selkirk Lodge.
Day 8: Fly back to Jumping Ck, hi five, and drive home.
Selkirk Lodge Dates
Group bookings on request
7 nights at 7:1 ratio
Usually needs to be booked 1-2 years in advance
Please make sure you have read through the booking conditions before making a payment. This includes completing the Waiver and Registration Form.
E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred method of payment, otherwise please use the button below for credit card payments.
- Accomodation and food/cook at Selkirk Lodge
- Return Helicopter flight from the Jumping Creek Staging Area
- 7:1 guiding ratio with ACMG Ski/Mountain Guides
- Travel to and from Revelstoke, BC
- Accommodation in Revelstoke, BC
- Extra expenses that may be incurred due to dietary requirements
Equipment - Selkirk Lodge
- Transceiver (3-antenna)
- Ski Touring Skis or Splitboard
- Personal repair kit specific to your equipment
- Ski touring boots/snowboarding boots
- Ski poles
- Personal first aid supplies
- Minimum 1L water bottle or Thermos
- Gore-tex (or equivalent) jacket
- Gore-tex (or equivalent) pants
- Puffy jacket
- Warm layers for upper and lower body adequate for below freezing temperatures and wind
- Thick gloves
- Spare gloves
- Lightweight harness
- 2 locking carabiners
- 30-40L backpack
- Ski crampons
- Skin wax