Lyngen Alps - Norway
Location - Lyngen
The Lyngen Alps are located 350km north of the Arctic Circle in North Western Norway. Surrounded by fjords in all directions, we will be looking down at the ocean on all our ski tours, where they will start and finish.
Our trip will be based in Lyngseidet in the heart of the Lyngen Alps. Lyngseidet is about an hour and fifty minutes drive from the airport in Trømso, which is the largest city in the north of Norway. It is also possible to catch a ferry to ski on the nearby islands such as Uløya.
Accessing the ski tours
We have chosen to base this trip in the Lyngen Alps from land rather than a boat. All of the ski tours in Lyngen are accessible by road and ferry, so we can enjoy the comfort of a spacious lodge before and after skiing each day. It also means we are not at the mercy of the ocean for pick ups and sleeping if the seas become rough.
Itinerary - Lyngen
May 5-13th 2025
Day 1 (May 5th)- Meet at Trømso Airport at 2pm and drive to Lyngseidet.
Day 2-8 - Ski tours in the Lyngen Alps and surrounding islands based from Lyngseidet.
Day 9 (May 13th) - Drive back to Trømso Airport and continue travels.
Please note: If weather and conditions are not suitable for the above itinerary, we may need to make alternate plans.
Prerequisites - Lyngen
- Previous experience ski touring
- Fitness to climb at least 1300m of elevation
- Ski ability to negotiate 40 degree slopes
Guides - Lyngen
Alex Geary and Madeleine Martin-Preney will be your guides for this trip.
Getting to the Lyngen Alps
The closest major airport to the Lyngen Alps is Tromsø. We will pick you up from the airport and transport you to our accommodation in Lyngseidet, nestled in the heart of the Lyngen Alps.
Lyngen Alps Dates
$4,300 CAD (no tax)
Max 4:1 ratio
(Price for 2025)
Please make sure you have read through the booking conditions before making a payment. This includes completing the Waiver and Registration Form.
E-Transfer to [email protected] is the preferred method of payment. Please contact us for alternate payment methods.
- 8 nights accomodation at Magic Mountain Lodge
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Magic Mountain Lodge
- ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide for 7 days
- ACMG Ski Guide for 7 days
- Private transportation to/from Trømso airport
- Private transportation for all ski tours
- Group gear including ropes
- Travel/Medical/Rescue Insurance
- Meals and accomodation in Trømso before and after trip
- Personal ski gear including ice axe and boot crampons
- Extra expenses if itinerary changes
- Time in the Sauna (150 NOK/hr)
Equipment List - Lyngen
- Transceiver (3 antenna) and spare batteries
- Ski touring skis or splitboard (no ski bags)
- Personal repair kit specific to your equipment
- Skin wax (or a candle)
- Ski touring boots/plastic snowboarding boots
- Ski Crampons
- Ice axe (eg. Petzl Gully)
- Ski poles
- Headlamp and spare batteries
- Goggles and/or spare sunglasses
- Personal first aid supplies
- Sun hat
- Lip balm with UV protection
- 2 x 1L wide mouth water bottles or Thermos (NO bladders due to freezing, leaking and filling issues)
- Gore-tex (or equivalent) jacket
- Gore-tex (or equivalent) pants
- Puffy jacket or two depending on thickness
- Warm layers for upper and lower body adequate for below freezing temperatures and wind
- Thick gloves
- Thin gloves
- Spare gloves
- 3 locking carabiners
- 2 non-locking carabiners
- 240cm sewn sling or equivalent
- 30-40L backpack