During this short course you will learn the knots and hitches required to build pulley systems and rescue someone from a crevasse!
Location - Revelstoke
This course will be run outside (not on a glacier) a few minutes drive from town.
We will meet at 9am at the course location. We will spend the day outside learning about and practicing haul systems, finishing at 2pm.
Skills you will learn?
- How to rope up for glacier travel
- Knots and hitches for crevasse rescue
- How to build ratchets
- How to use toothed devices such as a micro-traxion
- How to build pulley systems and rescue someone from a crevasse
Please note: We will not cover glacier formation and navigation, snow anchors, ice anchors, rapelling or rope ascending. These are all skills that should be learned in a Glacier Travel Course before venturing onto a glacier.
- Warm boots to stand around outside
- Warm and weatherproof clothing to stand around outside
- Ski poles
- Climbing or ski mountaineering harness
- 3 locking carabiners
- 4 non-locking carabiners
- 240cm sewn sling (or 5m of webbing)
- 5m x 6mm accessory cord
- Personal prussik
- Micro-traxion (optional)
- tibloc (optional)
- National park pass
Dates and Price
Please contact me to book a private course.
E-Transfer is the preferred method of payment, otherwise please use the button below. Please make sure you have read through my booking conditions before making a payment.