Day 1 is classroom based. Bring a pen, notebook and lunch.
Day 2 will be a full day in the field. Each person will need the following:
- Skis or splitboard with touring bindings and skins that fit. (Snowshoes are not permitted because they will limit the amount of terrain we can cover).
- Ski/snowboard poles
- Ski/snowboard boots compatible with your setup.
- Digital Avalanche Transceiver
- Avalanche Probe
- Avalanche Shovel (must be collapsible)
- Daypack (~30L).
- Lunch and snacks
- Water or thermos bottle (recommend 1-1.5L)
- Personal 1st aid kit (blisters, band-aid’s etc.)
- Warm and weatherproof clothing for moderate periods of inactivity in the mountains.
If you need to rent equipment, Powder Rentals in Revelstoke have shovels, probes, transceivers, touring skis with skins, splitboards with skins, poles and boots. They offer a 10% discount to course participants. You can call them at 250-814 4POW (4769) or visit their website.
If you have any questions regarding equipment please contact me.